Friday, May 17, 2013

Trente-Cinq.

Bay Adventures.
04.29.13

We walk along the streets
looking from right to left
soaking in the unfamiliar sights
strolling while we catch the daylight.

Then up we go on Indian Rock
with steps that frighten our feet.
Our eyes scanning the scenery,
the breeze as fresh as can be.

We share and swing in the air
before we take the Bart.
The bridges, the bay, the scenery
nicely laid out for us to see.

On the next warm afternoon,
we drove on to the marina,
playing with clams and barnacles
exploring till it hurt my ankles.

Now I wave farewell to the green fields
to friends I haven't seen,
to places I haven't been,
and mutter my wish to be back here.


* I wrote this ode/poem of sorts on our trip back home to Los Angeles. This briefly recounts all the fun adventures I had with my close friend Maya, who served as my tour guide during the entire weekend.

No comments: